Lady Dalston Presents : 'Le Monstre Productions

My photo
OOOH! BURLESQUE? is the love child of the pure adoration of the Burlesque scene and the desire for it to be recognised for the art form that it was, is and will be! Say OOOH! for BURLESQUE!

Monday 29 August 2011

Libertine


Libertine by Lady Dalston

I'm going to Libertine my life away
But I have to work, so that I can play all day
There is something uniquely bizarre about I say
For work is for those who wish to toil away

But if you are finished, or can get off around five
Come and knock on a door to the house that is like a hive
Full of people coming and going, it seems alive
Though there are those that would call it a dive

But if you are daring, take my hand and follow me
To a land that is all utopias and free
Bring any spare, borrowed or stolen money
And leave behind normality
Forget that festering humanity
And return to a state of animality
And fucking brilliant abnormality
Where you can see the universe in its totality
And talk to God satanically
And play around with the stars of eternity
Have a chat with Jesus about his paternity
And mess around with sexuality
And flirt with yourself seductively
But when you think it is all going perfectly
And life is going so splendidly
It'll all end most disappointingly

But don't you worry, we'll be here
To tuck your hair behind your ear
As you vomit up your fear
Of living in the real world each day, each year

But don't you worry, we'll be right here
We're down here, waiting for you my dear
But you chose to live out there, not here
We like it in here, each day, each year

We sing songs of love and lust
Of flowers and clementines
Of tragedies and what we must
Of all the things we have seen

We'll wait for you, that you can trust
To go back to where we have been
We'll keep your place free of others and dust
Our lovely Libertine

6 comments:

  1. I take you,
    And you take me,
    Touch the sky in ecstasy,
    Well I hope you do,
    because I paid for this,
    And at least give me that,
    Let me move on to the next level,
    To revel with others,
    Brothers,
    Now at least untill tomorrow,
    When I can bow my head,
    In sorrow when I crash,
    After sunrise when the lights dont flash,
    And I can rest. Maybe,
    For an hour or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think yours is wonderful! Have you written anymore? Warmest regards Lady Dalston x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Le Monstre, keep it up!

    Discover yourself:


    Looking upon the self,
    In introspection, discover yourself
    Disover you
    Discover me
    Is this all life is?
    A discovery?
    But as yet for me,
    I do not know
    Take a look in the mirror
    Do you see that as really you?
    Sometimes you got to do
    What you got to do
    When you take your acts
    And observe it
    You make what you did true
    So respect it
    Show it to the honoured few
    Cause when you go and die
    You don't want them forgetting you

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazingly put! Thank you sincerely for your message and I hope you keep it up too! Warmest regards Lday Dalston x

    ReplyDelete